Houston Sexual Harassment Attorney
Hostile Work Environment
Employers cannot employees based on their sex. Sexual harassment can include:
- Unwelcome sexual advances.
- Requests for sexual favors.
- Other verbal or physical harassment of a sexual nature.
However, it also includes simple offensive remarks about a person’s sex, such as using derogatory language toward women.
As a #1 Houston Sexual Harassment Attorney, it is contrary to popular belief both the victim and harasser can be a woman or a man, and the victim and harasser can be the same sex.
Often, these types of claims stem from the treatment of a supervisor and subordinates. But such claims can also be based on the treatment of co-workers and even clients or customers.
Houston Sexual Harassment Attorney Remedies
When an employee brings a lawsuit to a Houston Sexual Harassment Attorney based on sexual harassment and wins, they are entitled to an award of damages which may include:
- Back pay (or what you would have earned but for the employer’s wrongful conduct between the time of the illegal act (such as wrongful discharge) and the time of trial);
- Front pay (or what you would have earned but for the employer’s wrongful conduct from the time of the trial into the future);
- Reinstatement (or giving you your job back);
- Accommodation (such as a modification of your work environment if you are disabled); and
- Other damages to restore the employee to the position they would have been in but for the discrimination.
Remedies may also include compensatory and punitive damages depending on various circumstances, such as the egregiousness of the employer’s conduct. Remedies also may include attorneys’ fees and court costs.