Houston Employment Lawyer | Top-Rated
We are top-rated Houston employment lawyers. We fight for our clients. We listen to you and help you get what you deserve. We help our clients get paid for all types of damages including damages related to wrongful discharge, unpaid overtime hours, retaliation, disability discrimination, violation of medical leave (FMLA) rights, workers compensation, and sexual harassment… the list could go on and on. We make a living fighting for our clients. We typically don’t get paid anything unless we win. We won’t back down against your current or former employer either. Let us fight for you. Like all of our other clients, you will be very happy you did. You can see what some of our clients are saying about us on this page below.
Long story short: every single client review we have gives us 5 out of 5 stars. Not many of them. Not most of them. Every. Single. One.
See our Reviews on Google.
Houston Employment Lawyer Services
Some of the claims we handle:
- Wrongful Termination and Discharge
- Race Discrimination
- Sexual Harassment
- Retaliation – where an employer targets an employee for reporting misconduct or reporting that his/her boss has engaged in discriminatory conduct
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) – discrimination, retaliation, and failure to provide reasonable accommodations
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) – refusal to provide medical leave, interference with medical leave, and retaliation
- Workers’ Compensation – workplace injury and related discrimination and retaliation
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) – failure to pay overtime wages and minimum wage
- Gender Discrimination
- Pregnancy Discrimination
- Age Discrimination
- Religious Discrimination
- Hostile Work Environment
- Non-compete and Non-disclosure Agreements
If you are experiencing any of these issues call Clayton Craighead, #1 Houston Employment Lawyer.
When Should I Hire a Houston Employment Lawyer If I am the Employee?
Employers can commit many unlawful actions that wrongfully place employees in a disadvantage. You should contact a Houston Employment Lawyer in any of the following situations:
- You have been harassed, discriminated, or retaliated against by your employer.
- You were terminated or fired from employment and the termination was illegal.
- You are being forced to sign an agreement waiving rights you are entitled to.
- The employer has violated state or federal laws created to protected employees.
- Your employer has not given the benefits that you are entitled to under your employment contract.
Make sure to contact a Houston Employment Lawyer as soon as you become aware of an issue. If you wait to contact an attorney, the delay could prevent you from proving the illegal conduct committed by the employer and also prevent you from recovering damages.
When Should I Hire a Houston Employment Lawyer If I am the Employer?
As an employer, an experienced Houston Employment Lawyer can assist you with various labor and employment issues. Many employment lawyers can educate employers with state and federal laws and ensure that the employers are in compliance with those laws.
You should contact a Houston Employment Attorney if:
- You need representation for collective bargaining negotiations.
- An employee has filed a complaint for discrimination or harassment against you.
- When an employee has brought a cause of action against you for employment related matter.
- You plan to layoff or fire a large number of employees, terminate a employee benefit, or change the current pension plan you are offering.
An experienced Houston Employment Attorney can also assist you with legal issues other than employee-employer disputes. An employment lawyer can help review or prepare contracts and agreements that you use with your employees such as employment contracts, severance contracts, or releases.
What Others Are Saying
An Employment Attorney You Want on Your Side
Clayton is a go getter. He spent a considerable amount of time researching my case and discussing it with me before he was hired. His communication was excellent and he always responded the same day when I called. Even if that meant calling me after hours from home. I would recommend him to anyone that has an employment law situation requiring representation. Thanks to his research and hard work my ex employer had no choice but to settle my claim.
I knew in my heart that I was severely wronged. Desperately, I searched for an employment attorney who would listen to me, my plea and restore some peace and normalcy in my life and that of my family’s. After even trying several organizations and being turned away, my hope was growing so dim. Then came the response from Mr. Craighead.
After I explained my plight, he “stepped up to the plate” after agreeing with me that in fact, I had been “wronged.” I can say from personal experiences that there are good attorneys (and not so good ones). But with Mr. Craighead, I can say that the 5 stars in this rating does not do him justice! For me, he surpasses excellence. He kept me abreast of all matters as they occurred in my case timely and answered all questions timely, sometimes it even surprised me! Ethics! That is what he possesses as well as intelligence!
Therefore, in MY opinion, it is VERY rare to have an attorney these days, not only “listen” to you, the client, but “understand” all the confusion and pain that comes with being wronged. Mr. Craighead is in one word – stupendous – and when ANYONE asks me who I HIGHLY recommend for a GREAT attorney- two words will ALWAYS come to mind – Clayton Craighead!
Clayton Craighead is a go getter and a fighter. If you ever have a problem you will need an attorney who has those qualities. Don’t settle for less, call him today.
Areas of Service
The Craighead Law Firm, PLLC is a Houston employment law firm located in Houston, Texas, and represents clients throughout the Houston area and the State of Texas, including in Harris, Brazoria, Fort Bend, Montgomery, and Galveston counties.
How Can a Houston Employment Lawyer Help You?
If you have been wronged by your employer or are a victim of wage theft, you may be entitled to compensation. The Craighead Lawfirm handles cases ranging from wrongful termination to wage theft and loss of overtime pay. If you are a victim of wrongful discharge, retaliation, sexual harassment, unpaid overtime or other unlawful circumstances in which have caused you damages or loss in wages, call a Employment Law Firm that Houstonians can depend on.