Houston EEOC Lawyer
Help & Charges of Discrimination / Retaliation
As Houston Employment Lawyers, we fight for our clients. We listen to you and help you get what you deserve. Rated the #1 Houston EEOC Lawyer, our firm has helped our clients get paid for all types of damages including wrongful discharge, unpaid overtime hours, retaliation, disability discrimination, violation of medical leave (FMLA) rights, workers compensation, and harassment… the list could go on and on.
We make a living by fighting for our clients. We don’t get paid anything unless we win. We won’t back down against your current or former employer either. Let the best Houston EEOC Lawyer fight for you!
Like all of our other clients, you will be very happy you did. You can see what others are saying about us further down.
Long story short: every single client review we have gives us 5 out of 5 stars. Not many of them. Not most of them. Every. Single. One.
Our Houston EEOC Lawyers Protect Employees in Harris County and Texas
Your rights as an employee include the right to work in an environment free from discrimination and harassment. Our team at the Craighead Law Firm fights to protect our clients from employment discrimination and other employment issues.
Our Houston EEOC and Overtime Attorneys are fully equipped to assist you as you seek resolution in your case. Have you suffered from discrimination based on age, gender, race or national origin, disability, or pregnancy?
Our team of Employment Attorneys has experience handling lawsuits rooted in many forms of discrimination. Our record speaks for itself. If you’ve been discriminated against in these ways, we can help.
As for discrimination lawyers, we counsel and represent employees who have been discriminated in Houston and throughout Texas. We are dedicated advocates of employee rights, and we will always seek to protect employees from any form of workplace discrimination.
Federal Laws Protect Employees from Discrimination
The Houston EEOC attorneys at the Craighead Law Firm assist employees who seek to file complaints with the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC). This organization enforces the laws listed below. Whether you have suffered workplace discrimination or sexual harassment, you have options to protect your rights as an employee. Contact our experienced EEOC and Overtime Attorneys to schedule a consultation, and we can further discuss your case.
According to the EEOC, the following federal laws prohibit job discrimination:
- The Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Title VII) prohibits discrimination in employment based on race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
- The Equal Pay Act of 1963 (EPA) states that men and women doing equal work at the same employer should receive equal pay.
- The Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967 (ADEA) protects workers aged 40 years or older from job discrimination.
- Title I and Title V of the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act of 2008 (ADAAA) protects individuals from discrimination based on disabilities.
- Sections 501 and 505 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 discrimination against persons with disabilities who work in the federal government.
- The Civil Rights Act of 1991 allows for monetary damages in cases of intentional employment discrimination.
Houston EEOC Lawyer Specialties
Some of the claims we handle:
- Wrongful Termination and Discharge
- Race & National Origin Discrimination
- Sexual Harassment
- Retaliation – where an employer targets an employee for reporting misconduct or making various requests
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) – discrimination, retaliation, and
- Failure to provide reasonable accommodations
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) – refusal to provide medical leave, interference with medical leave, and retaliation
- Workers’ Compensation – workplace injury and related discrimination and retaliation
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) – failure to pay overtime wages and minimum wage
- Gender Discrimination
- Pregnancy Discrimination
- Age Discrimination
- Religious Discrimination
- Hostile Work Environment
- Non-compete and Non-disclosure Agreements
Areas of Service
The Craighead Law Firm, PLLC is located in Houston, Texas, and represents clients throughout the Houston area and the State of Texas, including in Harris, Brazoria, Fort Bend, Montgomery, and Galveston counties.